The island of Crete is a simply stunning and affordable destination for your dream wedding. It has become a popular solution for couples that are looking for a romantic combination of holidays and their wedding. If you have decided to organize your wedding ceremony or your Crete wedding, a holiday villa will be your perfect solution for a memorable experience. Simple or sophisticated, fanciful or down-to-earth, the most remote dreams are turned into reality!
Plan your Wedding in Crete in a Traditional or Luxury Holiday villa
For a fairy tale Crete wedding, you can choose a luxurious villa with beautifully decorated interior and exterior of high aesthetic, so you and your guests will experience moments of absolute luxury! Alternatively, you may choose a small, traditional lovely villa in the Cretan nature. After all, simplicity and romance go together!Book the Holiday Home of your Dreams in Crete, directly from the Owners!
Villas in Crete, at most, have spacious parking, which will facilitate the arrival of your guests, well air-conditioned rooms, an ideal atmosphere and excellent organized kitchen in their interior; but the main advantage of a villa wedding is its privacy!
The large, comfortable and well designed outdoor area of the villa will be available to you for the whole night. You can have the music as loud as you want, sing, dance and have fun any way you want without disturbing and bothering anybody. Especially, if your villa offers magical views, as most villas in Crete, your guests will return home with Crete in their hearts!
Unique Wedding Villa Services for your Crete wedding
Usually, luxury villas have a large kitchen, fully equipped, which may cover the needs of your Crete wedding dinner, provided that your guests are not more than twenty! In Crete, there is a large number of master chefs, experienced in Cretan and of course, other national cuisines! We may suggest you a chef, and all you have to do is to decide the ingredients and dishes of your meal! In case you have invited more relatives and guests, then a catering service will probably be necessary!
You can combine your villa accommodation with other excellent services such as maids, chauffeur, even professional hairdresser and stylists.
How to Organize your Perfect Villa Wedding in Crete
In order to avoid any inconvenience and have a truly unforgettable moment, here are two ways to avoid doing pre-wedding bureaucracy for your wedding planning:
- File the marriage license, sign papers and get married back home, then have the “real” or symbolic Crete wedding, This method provides certain benefits in that it does not involve the language, laws, apostilles, translations or spending extra days in Crete, while giving you the freedom and flexibility to plan your itinerary and visit the island without the restrictions of a foreign country.
- Acquire a marriage license without restrictions back home (i.e., It doesn’t say “only good in the UK”), apply an apostille, have it translated at the Greek consulate/embassy and give it to your wedding planner or priest to proceed without having to submit further documents. This is also a way around the eight-day requirement.
In the other hand, you can hire a wedding planner and let him/her deal with the most bureaucracy or plan your holidays for some extra days and gather all the necessary documents.
- For a Wedding in a Greek Registry Office, applications should be made with all the relevant documentation to the local Town Hall for a Marriage Licence to be issued – this normally takes approximately 8 days after which a date for the ceremony can be set.
- In the case of a Church Wedding advice should be obtained from the priest or minister of
the church where the marriage is to be celebrated. If the marriage is to be celebrated in a Greek Orthodox Church a certificate from an
Ecclesiastical Authority to the effect that there is no impediment to the marriage will be
necessary. Advice on this should be obtained by your Greek partner from the authorities
of the church where you intend to marry.
The Necessary Documentation for your Crete Wedding
The documents required by the Greek authorities for both Church and Civil Weddings in Crete are:
- Certificate of Non Impediment (CNI)
- Certified translation into Greek of the full birth certificate of a British national who
intends to marry in Greece
- Evidence that any previous marriage has been dissolved for example a Decree
Absolute or Death Certificate
Wedding in Crete Ideas for the Ceremony of your Dreams
There are plenty of choices for wedding ceremonies in Crete. There’s an ideal choice for each and every couple. From a very simple wedding ceremony outside a traditional Greek church to a traditional or luxury Cretan Villa that will host your wedding ceremony and wedding party.
Our Villa Experts in Cretico can suggest you great accommodation options to choose from, as well as help you to organize everything in order for you to have an amazing preparation and wedding ceremony in Crete!
- Civil wedding ceremony outside a traditional a small Greek church with gorgeous sea views
- Beach wedding ceremony
- Chapel wedding ceremony by the lake at Agios Nikolaos
- Private chartered luxury wedding and wedding reception at Elounda bay
- A wide range of holiday Villas that will host your unique private wedding ceremony
- Traditional Greek Orthodox wedding
Wedding ceremonies in Crete tend to be more amazing than elsewhere in Greece. Gorgeous sunsets, idyllic seashores in a carefree ambiance and hospitable settings for your wedding ceremony! A wedding in a holiday villa in Crete is an opportunity to celebrate the most romantic day of your lifetime on the most majestic island of Greece.