It is an effortlessly luxurious villa in Crete is located among tranquil rolling hills and peaceful olive groves, 20min drive from the historic Chania town and just 5 min away from the coastline and Kolymbari village, in NW Crete.
Unlike other Crete holiday villas, this villa was originally built as the family's summer residence, combining top-of-the-line standards with a homely feel throughout: understated rooms, high ceilings, a neutral colour scheme blending alabaster, cream and ochre, soft lines, splashes of style, lots of natural light and a number of cosy corners to relax in.
Bright and breezy, the villa features three bedrooms, an inviting lounge with huge French windows bringing the outdoors in, a country-style open plan kitchen, verandas, patios, colour-splashed gardens and a spectacular infinity pool with panoramic views.
The villa delivers all one would expect from a luxury rental property : privacy and comfort, great outdoors, tasteful interiors, amenities and facilities of a truly high standard, accompanied by a number of pampering services to choose from.
Built in three levels, the villa offers a gentle flow of space and a feeling of harmony and freshness. Using soft cream and earthy tones, the interiors have been decorated with a country style sprinkled on top with a contemporary touch, with every detail well-thought of and with quality evident all over. As a result, the villa features a style that is refined yet playful and sweet.
On the main floor a large open plan area welcomes you; the comfortable and spacious high-ceilinged lounge with its imposing fireplace and oak wood flooring, a casual dining room and the villa's very neat and functional kitchen. It may have a rustic elegance, but it offers pure 21st century equipment, a treat for the cooking aficionados, who will be welcome to pick fresh vegetables from the villa's organic garden. Light and views enter through the floor-to-ceiling glass windows creating an airy feel. Supplementing the tasteful interiors are the marvellous pergola shaded verandas. With outdoor dining and lounging areas, built-in cushioned sofas and comfy sitting out furniture, they embrace the villa and lead to the gardens and the barbecue corner.
Landscaping is handled with a real passion by the owners, and the villa is surrounded by an extensive Mediterranean garden, with vast green lawn areas and pretty thyme, rose and lavender borders.
The outdoors' highlight is the dazzling infinity pool, with its wood deck and floating-like gazebo, designed for ultimate relaxation at all hours
The villa can accommodate up to 6 guests, in 3 bedrooms. The master bedroom is located on the ground floor, with a king size bed, an adjacent bathroom and a large private terrace with garden furnishings. A staircase leads to the first floor, where two more bedrooms are set, one with a large double and one with two single beds, that can be attached. Each bedroom has a private veranda, from which lovely views can be enjoyed, and they are sharing a large bathroom with shower. Beds are comfortable, with high quality mattresses and crisp linen. Bathrooms are well designed and stocked with premium bath treats, hairdryer, slippers, robes and fluffy towels.
Capacity : 6 guests in 3 bedrooms
Living space of 200 m2, 160 m2 of terraces, set on a private plot of 5000 m2
Ground Floor : Entrance hall, living room, dining room, kitchen, veranda with pergola. Master bedroom with bathroom (tub & shower). Laundry & utility room
First Floor : One double bedroom and one bedroom with 2 single beds - that can be attached. Each bedroom with private large veranda. One bathroom (shower).
Lower Level : Private Garage
Outdoors: Large terrace, with 2 dining out areas, lounge area, built-in barbecue corner, lawn garden, infinity pool, with separate children end, wooden deck and shaded gazebo
• Private swimming pool (4,5m x 10m) A floating like pavilion (4m x 3m) separates the main pool from the children section (4,5m x 1,60m. 0,50m deep)
• Pool deck with sun beds
• Panoramic sea and mountain views
• Two outdoor dining areas & lounge furnishings
• Built-in barbecue corner
• Vegetables garden at guests' disposal
• Low noise air conditioning system (heat & cooling), in every bedroom
• Wi-Fi internet connection free of charge
• Central heating
• Cell phone for incoming calls and a complimentary call card for your first
outgoing calls - which you can easily renew on your own at a low cost
• Security alarm and surveillance cameras
• Fire detectors
• Safety deposit box
• First aid kit
• Private garage
• Automatic night lighting for pool & garden
• Remote control entrance gates
• Utility room with washing machine, dryer ,vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board
Living room & dining area
• Country-chic décor
• Hard wood floor in lounge
• Working fireplace
• Natural clay floor in kitchen & dining room
• Dining table for 8 pax
• Hi-Fi stereo system, with indoor & outdoor speakers
• Collection of CD's
• Satellite flat screen 42" TV, with USB gate
• DVD player
• DVD library
• SMEG six - ring gas hob with oven
• SMEG refrigerator with freezer
• Microwave oven
• Traditional wood oven
• Espresso & filter coffee maker
• Highchair upon request
Bedrooms & bathrooms:
• Bedroom 1,with king size bed and with adjacent bathroom with tub & walk-in shower. Set on ground floor and opening out to a patio. Baby cot can be added upon request . Oak wood floor. Flat screen 32" TV
• Bedroom 2, with queen size bed. Set on first floor, opening out to a very spacious private veranda. Oak wood floor. Flat screen 32" TV
• Bedroom 3, with 2 single beds - that can be attached. Set on first floor, opening out to a private veranda. . Oak wood floor. Flat screen 26" TV
• Bedrooms 2 & 3 share a bathroom, with walk-in shower
• All bedrooms open out to either a balcony or patio, with stunning views
• All bedrooms are air-conditioned (individually controlled)
• Superior quality bedding & mattress from MediaStrom
• Spacious wardrobe in each bedroom
• Hairdryers in every bathroom
• Fine cotton linen & towels
• Bathrobes & slippers
• Organic toiletries
• Pool towels
SERVICES included in the villa rental
• 'Meet & greet' service in Chania airport.: our assistant will meet you at Chania airport and escort you to the villa, saving you from the hassle of trying to locate the property on your own.
• Orientation : once you have settled in, our concierge will be on hand to share with you information about shops, restaurants, museums, gorges, beaches, local feasts, organized or private tours or anything else you may need. Our concierge will be available on call 24/7 during your stay
• Welcome hamper with home-made treats and local delicacies
• Daily maid service,except Sunday and linen change twice weekly
Check in after: 4:00 PM
Check out before: 10:00 AM
The villa is located on a hillside near Kolymbari village in West Crete. Kolymbari is a coastal village, home to about 1.000 residents, nestled between the sea and the cliffs at the root of the Rodopou peninsula. Its location is at 22 km to the west of Chania town, a 20min drive along the National Road. Having escaped the tidal wave of mass tourism, Kolymbari still retains a local colour and a lifestyle that is pretty much traditional. Visitors have the chance to mingle with locals, shop fresh seasonal produce in small food stores, stroll around the coastal promenade and savour tasty local dishes at the cosy family-run eateries and taverns - some wonderfully located by the waterfront. An early wake up could award you with getting the day's catch from the fishermen by its quaint small harbor - and at a good deal too. The village's long beach is a mixture of sand and shingle, with some serviced spots offering sun beds, umbrellas and a variety of water sports but also plenty of quiet corners, should you prefer to escape to a sun-drenched world of your own. In Kolymbari you can find all basic facilities, such as a supermarket, pharmacy, post office, bakery, bank, ATM's, fuel station and a doctor's office. There is a frequent bus connection with Chania town and a taxi station. For hustle and bustle, nightlife and shopping, the tourist resort of Platanias is less than a 10min drive away, while the town of Chania offers an even wider variety. The location is a good base for exploring the picturesque inland villages and some of the island's best beaches that are found nearby. For the active ones, there are scenic trails and country roads to hit, either on foot or by mountain bike.
• 1,5km to Kolymbari village centre and nearest amenities (bakery, supermarket, bank, ATM's, fuel station, pharmacy, post office, doctor)
• 2km to nearest beach
• 23km to Chania town
• 24km to Souda port
• 38km to Chania airport
• 150km to Heraklion airport
• 25km to the west coast beaches (Falassarna, Gramvousa, Balos)
• 50km to the great south coast beaches ( Elafonissi, Paleohora, Sougia)
• 50km to Omalos Plateau, starting point of the Samaria Gorge
• 10km to Platanias resort
We accept bookings only from Saturday to Saturday!
MHTE - Permit Number