Erato-Clio traditional villas complex with view to the hills

View Calendar

Check Price and Availability

0 128 nights 26,694
Service Fee 1,602
Total Fee28,296
You Pay ( 30 % deposit) 8,489
Final Payment (due to 09 Feb 16) 19,807
From / day

Description

  • 8
  • 4
  • 2

In the entrance terrace, there is a pool and a summer kitchen with BBQ shared with the House of CLIO.

On entering, the Home there is the main room with fireplace and two single beds, a fully equipped kitchen and a small bathroom with Jacuzzi. Up the stairs to the master bedroom with an old double bed c 1920 and lamps which belonged to the church when intact. Cartwheels dating back to the beginning of the last century have been transformed into the main lighting. Kitchen utensils are copies of originals and the plates are of a type still in use in most villages of Crete.

Read more

The House can accommodate four adults in separate rooms.

Furniture and fittings are copies of original pieces presently exhibited in the Historical Museum of Crete in Heraklion.

There is evidence handed down through the generations that there was a church on this site many years ago.

An external staircase leads to the upper floor and an ample sized balcony with views of the area.In the main room, there are two single beds and a fireplace, to the left a fully equipped kitchen and on the right is the small bathroom with Jacuzzi. The master bedroom is up a few steps and contains an old double bed, c 1920. Cartwheels dating back to the beginning of the last century have been transformed into the main lighting. Kitchen utensils are copies of originals and the plates are of a type still in use in most villages of Crete.

The pool and summer kitchen are shared with the House of ERATO.

The House can accommodate four adults in separate rooms.

Clio

There is evidence handed down through the generations that there was a church on this site many years ago.

Location: The beach is located 10 minutes walk away and about the same for the village of Elounda, about 1 kilometre.

The Venetian occupation of the island ended in the 14th century when Ibraim Pasha, acting as Supreme General of the Ottoman Empire, took possession. For 400 consecutive years, Crete suffered the Turkish suppressive occupation. Contrary to the Venetian occupying forces, who promoted free language and religion, the Turks prohibited both. For the entire period of Turkish occupation Language was taught in 'Secret Schools' and Religious rites were observed in small obscure Churches scattered in the mountains. When these Houses were under construction, a fascinating discovery was made.

An iron Christian Cross wrapped in a cloth was found within a wall as well as a number of Icons. These Icons are now, prominently displayed on the same wall in the Houses of EFTERPI and DIMITRA. Legends handed down through the generations have told us that on this site was a prominent Church dedicated to PROPHITIS ELIAS (the Prophet Eli), which had been constructed long before the Venetian period. It is probable that the Church being on the top of a hill overlooking Elounda/Elous, had served the Religious needs of the inhabitants of the region. The Church was burnt down and destroyed, by the Turks, at the beginning of the 15th century and was never reconstructed. A new, but smaller Church dedicated to PROPHITIS ELIAS, built in 1950, can be found just 50 metres away. No engravings of the original Church have been found. The site came into the possession of the Mavrikakis family, who were the first to settle in the area, which in turn led to the village being named Mavrikiano. Descendants of the original family sold this property to ANEMOS LTD in 1999, who undertook the reconstruction with reverence to its history and the environment.

Check in after: 2:00 PM
Check out before: 12:00 PM

Area

Elounda being at the bottom of the Gulf of Mirabello enjoys unique Seaside, Sandy and rocky beaches together with lots of green being full of almond, carube, and olive trees.

At the entrance of the Gulf proudly stands the Venitian fort on the island of Spinaloga and daily boat trips are organized on hourly basis.

For a rambler is a paradise, especially the walk on the seaside Elounda - Placa (5klms).

For those with archaeological interests the only excavated Minoan city of Gournia is 30 klm away as well as the Third Minoan Palace of Malia (also 35 klm away) are a must to visit.

Orthodox Monasteries are impressive, and within the area such as Areti, Kritsa , and Toplou.

In most of the cases we are able to quote for you a charter or a regular flight from your Home toAirport of Heraklion Crete direct flight or through Athens.

The nearest Airport from the Traditional Houses is Heraklion International Airport which is km 75 away from Elounda.

Around

Closest Airport: Heraklion

Closest Beach: Elounda

Closest Beach Distance: 1kmkm

Closest Restaurant Distance: 50mkm

Closest Shopping Point Distance: 1kmkm

House Rules

Weekly stay is discountable 10% on the daily rates.

MHTE - Permit Number

030903 Α class

Amenities

  • Wireless Internet
  • Satellite/Cable TV
  • Air Conditioning
  • Private Pool
  • Dishwasher
  • Washer
  • BBQ
  • Fully Equipped Kitchen
  • Pets Considered
  • Wheelchair Access Considered
  • Smoking Allowed
  • First Aid Kit
  • Fire Extinguisher
  • TV
  • Internet
  • Heating
  • Family, Kid Friendly
  • Heated Pool
Show more
  • Outdoor Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
  • Safe
  • Fitness Equipment

Cancellation Policy

Strict: Refund 50% up to 21 days or 25% from 21 to 14 days before the local check-in time


Meet your host, Vangelis
Member since October 2014

View profile

Location

KATO ELOUNTA, LASITHI, 720 53, Greece

Similar Villas Available

Similar Villas in Lasithi