The villa is in the heart of the Cretan medieval village of Loutra. Built along the lines of a Venetian Mansion it is a villa of many doors. The first of which is the old stone archway leading into the flower festooned courtyard and pool.
The villa is designed over 4 levels in simple, austere lines and subtle luxury in harmony with the natural landscape and the olive groves surrounding the village. This property can host 10 guests.
Located next to the village square where there is spacious parking area.
We have provided lots of photographs to give you a clear idea of what the property looks like but below are some further details.
What does the villa have to offer you?
- 4 spacious outdoor lounge and dining areas over 4 levels
- Lots of flowers and vegetation
- Outdoor swimming pool
- large terrace
- Concert piano.
- Kitchen is fully equipped.
A MARBLE STAIRCASE leads to the first floor of the Villa where there is a nice veranda with olive trees and picturesque blue coffee shop tables and chairs in perfect alignment with the minimal design of the suites.
- 200-year old vine wrapped around a trellis.
- Amazing view to the olive groves and the garden.
- The entrances for the Pershephone, Dimitra and Elia suites are found in this veranda.
- Terrace surrounded with thick vegetation and offering a clear view to the olive groves and the sea
- Sunbathe on the lounge beds
- Dining room with a trellis
- Observation point to view the stars and the night sky.
THE BEDROOM SUITES:
It is situated right in front of the swimming pool and the lowest floor level surrounded by the garden.
It can host two persons
- Double bedroom
- Bathroom with a bathtub and a toilet.
- View of swimming pool
- Double bedroom
- Next to the swimming pool
- Comfortable sofa
- The bathroom has a shower and a toilet.
- The Elia suite is located on upper floor
- Double bedroom
- This dream of a suite is two-storied (a maisonette)
- Suitable for two guests
- Fantastic view to the vast olive groves that virtually reach the seashore and the village's traditional alleys.
- On the lower floor, there is a lounge in white and a dining room with a view to the veranda and the olive groves.
- Two iron single beds
- Next to the pool on the first floor
- White marble flooring
- Private balcony overlooking the pool and all other windows have a view to the village
- A built-in electric range
- Bathroom/wc with shower or bathtub are available on each suite.
- Double bedroom
- Situated on the first floor with a capacity of two persons.
- Bathroom with a bathtub and a toilet
- Cooking range and a fridge
- Entry from the veranda with the olive trees and the coffee shop tables.
Can accommodate 4 guests
- Living room with a sofa bed which gives the potential of hosting two more guests.
- 2 separate double rooms
- Cooker range
- Bathroom with shower and toilet.
- This room has a view to a picturesque village alley at the one side and a view to the veranda with the olive groves at the other side.
Check in after: 2:00 PM
Check out before: 11:00 AM
The village of Loutra, at a distance of just 8 km from Rethymnon and 2 km from the beach, is situated in the middle of Crete and can serve as the starting point for a number of excursions throughout the Northern area of the island where visitors will enjoy fantastic beaches west in the direction of Chania and east towards Heraklion and Agios Nikolaos; visitors based in Loutra can also venture from here to the south of Crete in the pure blue seas and beaches of the Lybian Sea.
The village of is situated in the midst of olive groves with an endless view to the sea, full of Greek colors, narrow cobbled streets and never-ending bougainvillea plants, Venetian buildings and the blazons of the Kallergi family - evidence of a monumental era. In the best part of the village, the Kallergi villas await holidaymakers, offering a combination of the traditional Cretan hospitality with modern luxury and comfort. Loutra is the birthplace of Luis Tikas (alias Ilias Spadidakis), who became a symbol of the labor movement in the U.S.A.
Both villa Athena Kallergi & villa Nefeli are located next to the village's square where there is a spacious parking area. In the square, one can also see parts of an old olive press with its large millstones.
In the village, visitors can find a traditional bakery with country bread and pastry and around the village in a 4-km radius there are a number of super markets and mini markets whereas on the road to Arkadi there is also a gas station.The renowned tavern "Hovoli" is in Loutra and will impress you most favorably with its traditional Cretan cuisine, the delicious mezze (tapas) and grilled dishes.
At an 8km distance from the village, following a scenic route across green slopes and deep ravines, one can find the historic Arkadi Monastery where in 1866 its Cretan defenders, led by the Father Superior Gabriel and Konstantinos Giaboudakis, ignited the powder magazine and were blown to pieces so that they would not surrender to the Turks; it was a sacrifice that drew the world's attention and became a global representation of sacrifice and freedom.
In the same area, in Kapsaliana settlement, visitors can see the traditional oil-mill of the Olive Museum and the with impressive exhibits regarding the former methods of olive-tree cultivation, gathering and pressing olives and finally the production of the all-important olive-oil.
The traditional village of Loutra was chosen to be one of five old villages of the area to be redeveloped. Traditional local stones have been used to reconstruct the village alleys which gives you a great path for your walk!
- Local bakery with fresh Cretan pastries just a 2 min walk from the villa.
- Regular transport into the centre of town
- There is a 24hour supermarket just 8mins away
- Local Tavern with Cretan cuisine
- Beautiful panoramic view of Rethymno. Xovoli Tavern is also available for delivery to the villa
- During the week a local artisans sell their local products very close to the villa.
Please safely use the swimming pool and contact us at any time should you need any help.
>You are kindly asked to leave the property in the condition you found it upon arrival .
>The prices include :
5 % off for 3 weeks bookings in July-August
10% off for 3 weeks bookings in April, May, June, Sept., Oct./
15% off for 3 weeks bookings in winter.
>Offers can not be combined.
>Fees And Taxes All eventual taxes are included in the price.
>Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
>Prices are for 10 guests. For every extra person, add 40 euros/night
Included in the price:
-Welcome basket with local goodies
-Wi-Fi broadband internet use
-Garden/Swimming Pool maintenance
- Linen-towels provided
-Baby cot use
- personnel's presence (cooking chefs etc)
MHTE - Permit Number
10 41 Κ1 23 Κ2 53 71 01