This lovely villa is set only 4 minutes walk to the centre of the Almirida village where all amenities can be found such as taverns, cafes, bars and a couple of mini markets, as well as the incredible sandy beach of Almirida. It comprises 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a large open-plan living-dining area and a fully equipped kitchen, two spacious balconies for you to enjoy the breathtaking views and a spacious private swimming pool (7m x 4m, 1,4 m deep).
Built over a small cliff overlooking the picturesque bay of Almyrida, the villa is set a level higher than the street, adding to privacy as well as to the views. The outside area is paved with local stone and has flower beds planted with a variety of aromatic local herbs such as thyme, marjoram, oregano, bay laurel, peppermint, jasmine etc. that surround the spacious pool with mesmerising scents. A number of sun loungers with umbrellas will refresh you and offer you shade by the pool during the long sunny hours.
Open balconies, charming arches, traditional wooden windows, shades and pergolas give the house its Cretan colour and character. From the villa's spacious balcony you can enjoy views to Almyrida, the bay, the green hills covered with olive-trees, extending to the impressive White Mountains. The evening sun offers a magnificent spectacle as it sets behind the hills of Chania.
In the villa or just a short walk away you can find everything you ask for a perfect holiday in Chania: Privacy, highest standard, ample space, walking distance to the beach, tavernas and amenities, air-conditioning, and a private, spacious swimming pool.
On the ground floor, there are 3 bedrooms: one with a double bed (160X200cm), and two with twins (each 90X200). The twin beds can be pushed together to form a double bed without leaving a gap between the mattresses. In each bedroom, there is a floor-to-ceiling built-in white wardrobe, as well as bedside tables. The bedrooms are all equipped with air-conditioning units that also have a heating function, that might be needed very early or very late in the season. One of the twin bedrooms has an en-suite bathroom with a large walk-in shower. A second bathroom, shared by the guests of the other two rooms, has a full-size bathtub. The bathrooms are elegantly tiled, with large mirrors and washbasins, which lie on tiled vanity shelves.
A wide staircase, made of local stone, leads to the upper floor with the kitchen and the living-dining area. Under an impressive 6m high white wooden roof you will find the conveniently spacious kitchen. The cupboards and shelves are hand-crafted and reflect the traditional style. The kitchen is equipped with high-quality appliances, including everything from a toaster to a dishwasher. Two doors lead to the large front balcony, with a big table, chairs and the BBQ.
On the other side of the upper floor, there is a dining table and the living-room area with the fire-place. A comfortable couch is large enough for all the guests and, if needed, two extra guests can sleep there. Another extra sleeping place is provided as a BoConcept folding bed. You can enjoy films or music from a Canton 5 1 surround system, including a TV, a DVD/MP3 player as well as a satellite receiver. The room opens to a second balcony with magnificent views of the whole Apokoronas district, the mountains, the bay of Souda, the smaller bay of Almyrida, the Cretan sea and, in the evenings, the mesmerising spectacle of the setting sun.
• Large private swimming pool (7m x 4m, 1,4m deep)
• Poolside shower
• Outstanding sea and mountain views
• Natural stone bathing area
• Sunshade and pool loungers
• Air-conditioning for sleeping-rooms
• Wooden windows and shutters
• Quality BBQ (Weber grill)
• Smoke detector
LIVING - DINING AREA
• Large dining-table
• Comfortable couch (Bo-Concept)
• Folding bed (Bo-Concept)
• Satellite TV
• Wireless Internet
• 4-ring cooker with oven (AEG)
• Stainless steel "Airfresh refrigerator" (Bosch)
• Dishwasher (AEG)
• Filter coffee machine with thermos
• Porcelain plates
• Washing machine 6kg (AEG)
• Iron with ironing board
• High-quality cooking pots
• 3 bedrooms: 1 double room with king-size (160X200) bed & en-suite bathroom with shower, 2 twin rooms with 90X200 beds & shared bathroom with full-size bathtub.
• living-room: couch can comfortably accommodate 2 extra guests
mobile: quality folding bed accommodates 1 extra guest
• Superior quality mattresses & allergy proof pillows
• Spacious wardrobes
• No adjoining bedrooms walls for increased privacy
• Optional: Folding-bed (Bo-Concept)
• Optional: Baby-cots
• Optional: baby-chairs
Check in after: 2:00 PM
Check out before: 11:00 AM
Almyrida is a coastal village, built between green olive-tree covered hills and the blue water of the Aegean. It was recently 'discovered' as a holiday destination and now offers everything you heart may wish: A sandy beach with spots of shallow water ideal for small children but also water sports activities like surfing, canoeing or even parasailing. In the taverns and cafes, which are located just on the beach, you will find not only delicious specialities but also a very friendly service. If you wish to cook in the villa, you can find everything you need in one of the mini-markets and bakeries. There are also some cafes offering free Wi-Fi service. (At Nikitas Place, you are even offered a free laptop to use while drinking your frappe!). Almyrida is the ideal family-friendly place. Your children will love it and you are going to have a relaxing vacation. In fact, many of the visitors of Almyrida return year after year, which creates a friendly, familiar atmosphere. A car is not considered necessary.
Closest Airport: Chania ........................................ 30 km
Closest Beach: Almyrida ...................................... 300 m
Nearest Ferry: Souda Port ................................... 16 km
Closest Restaurant ................................................ 200 m
Closest Shopping Point Distance ..................... 400 m
Nearest Barpub: Almyrida .................................. 300 m
Nearest Motorway: Kalyves, Armenoi ............ 6 km
- Early check-in and late check-out possible upon request and subject to availability.
- Smoking is allowed outdoors.
- Events and parties can be hosted in consultation with the owners.
- Quiet Hours:
Summer Period (April 1st - September 30th): 15:00 - 17:30 & 23:00 - 07:00
Winter Period (October 1st - March 31st): 15:30 - 17:30 & 22:30 - 07:30
- Minors and non-swimmers will be accompanied at all times by a competent adult when using or playing at the vicinity of the pool.
- All guests regardless of swimming ability and competence will only use the pool when at least one other adult is present.
- All guests with pre-existing medical conditions which may compromise their safe use of the pool will not use it.
- All guests will not use the pool whilst under the influence of alcohol or other mind-altering substances.
- All guests will not dive into or run in the vicinity of the pool.
- All guests will not open or enter either the pool room or the water holding tank.
- All guests using the pool will ensure that they are familiar with the pool depth as shown along the pool-side and the location of the life ring.
- All guests using the pool or the area around the pool will not use glasses or take glass bottles poolside.
- The villa has a roof terrace that is not part of the rented property. Guests are not allowed to access the roof-terrace and any access to it or the stairs leading to it will be considered trespassing.
Feel free to contact us for any extra service or assistance you may need!
MHTE - Permit Number
10 42 K 10 00 00410 0 0